Friday, March 1, 2013

Trip to Ohio!

Flew to Dayton on Wednesday 2/27. Net up with cousins Mary, Patty, Ike , Delores & Julie. Then drove to Cincinnati my BFF Jan's house. Thursday went to dentist office I used to work for to get teeth cleaned. Then went to Essencia Tea house for lunch date with Jan, Sally, Diane. Lots of laughs and delicious food. Had dinner with Jan & Dave at Skyline Chili..yum. Today I drove to Athens for the reason for my trip, to visit my sister Carole who is on a rehab facility after breaking her leg before Christmas. It was kind of a shock to see her at first sitting in a wheelchair looking much older than the last time I saw her on September. But after spending some time with her I felt better about her status. She's doing we'll with therapy. She can stay out of her home until end of April without losing her. Services from Havar.. The agency that provides home visits. Carole has intellectual disabilities. Up until the fall she was working 2 mornings at Mc Donald's. She just moved from a house to a senior apartment complex in November. I'm staying at her apartment while here. It's so much nicer than that old house. Met some of her neighbors and they expressed concern for her. It's about time me to get to bed....it's been a busy couple of days.














No comments:

Post a Comment